Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grrrr....

As you know I've just started piecing together blocks for the Farmer's Wife quilt. I have the EQ5 program for it and for the last 7 blocks, (I know...I should update! maybe I wouldn't have this problem) I've been happily hand piecing together my little blocks. I'm just going in order that they're listed in the block directory so when I came across one that could be adjusted so that I didn't have so many seams, I did just that. I fixed it so that there weren't so many. Hand piecing makes inset seams simple and I think finishes the block of nicely if it's possible to do. Anyhoo...I decided to go through the list and "fix" other blocks that I wanted eliminate extra seams on. About the 3rd block in I go to preview the rotary cutting page for the block and since it's not a square or triangle it can't extrapolate how to cut it. So they just delete it from the page! Ugg!!! The shape is labeled in the drawing of the block but not represented with all the other rotary cutting measurements for the other shapes. This is a block where they've taken a square and then sewn a flying goose block to the top of it to make a house like shape. This isn't a hard one to figure out...I can do it on my own, but sheesh!

Alright, enough grumbling. back to sewing! =3

No comments:

Post a Comment