Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Farmer's Wife


Here's where I stand so far on my growing pile of The Farmer's Wife blocks. :) I am having such a good time working with each one. Scrappy samplers are so much fun to make...no opportunity to get board with making the same block over and over again. Each one is like a mini quilt all on it own. I'll prep the next few blocks in the list so they're ready to go. It's great having handwork that's portable. I get so much done while out and about. :)

I need to pick Chester up off the hope chest and quilt a few threads. I was really hoping to have it done by October...but I don't think that's going to happen. lol Good thing there's quilts on the beds already!

The girls and I are trying to get our ducks in a row with ideas for a Children's party at the firehouse for Halloween. We're hoping to ask for donations of canned goods for the local food pantry as admission. I'm also working to get a Halloween quilt together to raffle off for them as well. And it just got a little easier! A friend over in Rhode Island is gifting me with a nice stack of Halloween crazy squares! :D (the kind where you stack several different squares and then chop them up, then resew them back together.) I've got 4+ yards of a fun Halloween border print that I'm hoping will finish them off nicely! Anhoo, I need to get that quilt together and stitched up fast! I've got just over 2 weeks to get it together and machine quilted. :o

Well, it's about time for me to run out the door and drop Mathew off at school. I love the potential that each new day brings...so many possibilities! =3

No comments:

Post a Comment